בוגרת תואר ראשון במכללה לחינוך ע"ש דוד ילין בתיאטרון ואנגלית וכן תעודה בלימודי מגדר.קרא עוד על אריאלה בנרמן
In IASA, we believe that in order to master English, pupils must be introduced to authentic texts to help improve their thinking and their language skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking. Thus, pupils will be introduced to more literature texts and will continue using the reading strategy they were taught in Tenth Grade, and will thus be expected to ask various questions as they read. They will also practice different writing styles - free writing, creative writing and academic writing, both in and out of class, to improve their thinking, writing and reading skills. Pupils will revise grammar and learn any new rules that they will need for the Bagrut. Since we are teaching a language, pupils will be expected to participate in class discussion. This will be particularly beneficial as pupils will take an oral Bagrut this year.
Pupils will also be prepared for the Bagrut questionnaires. This means they will focus on reading and listening comprehensions as well as short writing tasks.
1. Pupils will continue to improve their English reading comprehension skills.
2. Pupils will learn to write a more academic text, supporting their ideas by citing from their sources. They will learn how to compile a bibliography.
3. Pupils will do a creative assignment on the main literature text.
4. Pupils will revise any grammar necessary for the Bagrut.
1. Pupils will be expected to participate fully in all class activities.
2. Pupils will be given reading comprehension and writing exercises as practice for and will be expected to hand them in.
3. Pupils will read a play in class. If they are absent, they will be expected to make up the work in their own time. They will akso be expected to prepare an oral presentation analyzing the play.
20% average of two E exams
30% In class work/ homework/participation, effort
20% matkonot (mock exam)
20% average of two G exams
20% in class writing, homework, attendance, participation
40 % literature assignment
A selection of short stories and poems